Say hello to our favorite game-day snack! We’ve been making these babies nearly every weekend this football season.
These little sweet potato bites are a fun, healthy remix of your typical potato skins. Sweet potato rounds are seasoned and baked in the oven then topped with melted cheese, crumbled bacon ( a little goes a long way!), green onions and hot sauce. I like mine topped with tangy yogurt but Tony prefers his without yogurt and with extra hot sauce….of course.
I know football season is nearly over but basketball season is just getting started. Whether you’re a sports fan or not you’ve got to give this recipe a try — they’ll please anyone!
The first time I made these Tony liked them so much he requested them again later in the week. I made this dish a complete meal by serving the sweet potato bites along side a big green salad. Delicious!
- 1 medium sweet potato sliced into ¼ inch rounds
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder, and chili powder, to taste
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled**
- ¼ cup part-skim mozzarella cheese
- sliced green onions
- hot sauce
- 2 Tbsp 0% fat plain greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- On a large baking sheet, toss sweet potato rounds with 1 tsp olive oil and arrange in an even layer. Season potatoes well using salt, pepper, chili powder, and garlic powder.
- Bake potatoes for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through time.
- Remove potatoes from oven and top with the mozzarella cheese and crumbled bacon. Return to oven and continue cooking 2-3 more minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Before serving top the potatoes with sliced green onions, hot sauce, and 2 tbsp yogurt, if desired.
- Note: You can multiply recipe depending on number of people you are serving.
What’s your favorite game-day snack?